West Coast Wednesday: California Is Large AF!
Have you ever stopped to wonder how large the state of California actually is? California IS home to 40 million people and has the 6th largest economy in the nation, but it's hard to visualize how large the state actually is. LA Weekly put it to the test. Using various map tools, they came out with these conclusions:
- There are 141 countries that could each fit inside California.
- Taiwan can fit inside the state 12.5 times.
- Japan and Maryland can fit in the size of California together.
- Vietnam, Italy, Norway and the Philippines fit inside California around 1.3 times or so.
- The UK can fit inside California one and a half times.